Auto accident injuries can change the course of someone’s life forever, though so can the attorney the injured party hires, which is why if you’ve been hurt in an auto accident, you need the right Chesterfield County auto accident lawyer on your side. Our firm has helped countless auto accident victims in South Carolina in the past and we are here to help you as well. Contact the Cockrell Law Firm, P.C. today to learn more about auto accidents in South Carolina and how our firm can assist you.
Chesterfield County Auto Accident Lawyer | Here for Auto Accident Victims in SC
Auto accidents can happen between any vehicle, at any time of the day, and anywhere on the road. Thousands of people are injured in auto accidents here in South Carolina every single year, though most of these accidents were preventable and caused by driver negligence. If you were injured because of another party’s negligence, you can rely on a Chesterfield County personal injury lawyer here at our firm to fight for the compensation you need to get back on your feet again.
Auto Accident Cases the Cockrell Law Firm, P.C. Handles
Our firm was founded on the premise that we must always do what’s right, and what’s right is representing our clients to the fullest of our ability. For this very reason, the Cockrell Law Firm, P.C. has been a trusted legal resource in South Carolina for decades. In that time, our firm has effectively handled a wide array of auto accident cases on behalf of our injured clients, including the following:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents happen more frequently than other auto accidents here in the United States, and though, fortunately, most car accidents don’t result in serious injury, the truth is, many can. If you are someone who was injured in a car accident because of another driver’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to pick up the pieces on your own.
- Truck Accidents: There’s a reason why people are required to obtain special commercial driver’s licenses to operate 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles. Unfortunately, despite this, accidents can still happen. Typically truck accidents can occur either because of negligent truck drivers, careless truck company employees, or negligent truck employers. If you were hurt due to any type of negligence, we are here to help.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycles come with countless perks, such as being fun to drive, great on gas, and they make for great road trips. However, as you know, motorcycles are more unsafe than other motor vehicles, due to the fact that the drivers are offered far less protection than cars or other vehicles afford.
- Uber/Rideshare Accidents: Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing services have become exceedingly popular in today’s world. However, since these services are still relatively new, those injured in Uber or Lyft accidents should hire an attorney who is well-versed in Uber/Lyft’s liability system and filing Uber/Lyft accident claims.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Both pedestrians and motorists are responsible for abiding by the rules and regulations of the road. Unfortunately, drivers will often behave negligently, fail to see pedestrians on time, and strike them as a result. As you can imagine, few accidents are more devastating.
- Bus Accidents: Buses are among the most widely used forms of public transportation, and though they are typically dependable and safe, bus accidents do occur, and if you’ve been hurt as a passenger in one, our firm is here to help.
- Boat Accidents: South Carolina has a ton to offer when it comes to water-related activities, so it’s no secret why so many people own boats and enjoy taking them out on the water. Unfortunately, boat accidents are not uncommon in South Carolina, and can often cause those involved to sustain very serious injuries.
After an auto accident, you should do everything in your power to seek immediate medical treatment and to document the facts surrounding your accident. This can include taking the following actions:
- Calling the police
- Obtaining the other driver’s insurance information
- Taking pictures of all property damaged by the accident, including your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle
- Asking witnesses for their name, phone number, and email address
- Keeping a copy of medical documents regarding the details of your injuries
- Keeping a copy of any medical bills or expenses you’ve incurred as a result of your accident
Collecting this information and bringing it to your initial consultation with our firm can help us satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim. From here, a Chesterfield County auto accident lawyer here at our firm can then work to obtain additional proof, such as security camera footage of your accident as it happened. As long as we can prove that your accident was directly caused by the negligence of another, we should win you the compensation you deserve.
Ensure you bring your claim within the state’s statute of limitations, which, in most cases, is three years. Waiting longer than three years from the date your accident occurred will result in you losing your right to sue.
Contact a Chesterfield County Auto Accident Lawyer
Whether you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Chesterfield County or anywhere in South Carolina, you can depend on us to fight for you, every step of the way. Personal injury claims are time-sensitive, which is why there’s no time better than the present to speak with us about your case. To begin the process today, simply contact the Cockrell Law Firm, P.C.