M.W. (Trey) Cockrell, Esq. is an experienced criminal defense and personal injury lawyer in Chesterfield, South Carolina. Originally from Texas, Mr. Cockrell was a former law clerk to Frank Evans, Chief Justice in the Texas Court of Appeals, 2000-2001. After moving to South Carolina, Mr. Cockrell made a name for himself in the community as an honorable attorney and astute educator, conducting influential legal seminars for the South Carolina Bar in the mid-2000s and beyond. Mr. Cockrell focuses his practice on criminal defense and personal injury in the Peedee region of Northeast South Carolina.
- South Carolina Bar in 2001
- US Court of Appeals for Fourth Circuit 2008
- US Court of Appeals for Tenth Circuit 2011
- US Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit 2012
- US Court of Appeals for Eleventh Circuit 2002
- US District Court District of South Carolina 2001
- US District Court Southern District of Texas 2011US District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin 2011
- US District Court Western District of Oklahoma 2012
- US District Court Northern District of Florida 2011
- US District Court Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas 2011
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Association For Justice
- American Association For Justice
- Association of Citadel Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Citadel, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1997, Charleston, South Carolina.
- South Texas College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001, Houston, Texas.