If you need help challenging DUI evidence in South Carolina, please read on, then contact a skilled Chesterfield County DUI lawyer to learn what you should know about defending against a DUI charge in South Carolina.
What are some common but workable defenses against DUI charges in South Carolina?
Your lawyer will have to first evaluate the circumstances of your arrest and determine what the best route going forward is, and ultimately, your attorney may use any of the below defenses, or a combination of them (or a different defense altogether) when fighting your DUI charges on your behalf.
- You were illegally stopped.
- Law enforcement didn’t conduct tests, such as breathalyzer or field sobriety tests properly.
- The breathalyzer was defective and thereby rendered any results unusable in court.
- You were unlawfully stopped and arrested.
- The officer had no right to search your vehicle.
- You had a certain medical condition that prevented you from passing the breathalyzer or field sobriety test.
These are just some potential defenses a lawyer can use. If you’d like to learn more about potential DUI defenses or you’ve been charged with a crime and you need a lawyer who can come to your defense, look no further than the Cockrell Law Firm, P.C. We have fought for countless individuals just like you over the years, and we’re here to represent you through each phase of the legal process ahead. Give us a call today so we can get working on your defense.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED SOUTH CAROLINA FIRM
Our legal team has significant experience helping clients through a wide array of legal matters, including those involving criminal law, personal injury law, divorce & separation, and family law. For competent and trustworthy legal counsel, simply contact The Cockrell Law Firm, P.C. today to schedule your free initial consultation with our legal team.