If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you will need a skilled South Carolina personal injury attorney on your side. At The Cockrell Law Firm, P.C., our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How do motorcycle accidents in South Carolina occur?
Motorcycle accidents can occur as a result of inclement weather conditions, poorly maintained roads, or faulty mechanical parts. However, in most cases, the cause of motorcycle accidents can be traced back to driver negligence. It is critical to note, however, that the most common cause of motorcycle accidents can be traced back to driver negligence. Our firm has served clients who have been injured because of various different kinds of driver negligence. Some of the most common include:
- Ignoring blind spots
- Disregarding traffic lights, signs, or all other rules and regulations of the road
- Driving while sleepy or fatigued
- Unsafely changing lanes
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Can I recover compensation after a motorcycle accident?
You will need to satisfy the burden of proof in order to successfully recover compensation for your injuries sustained. This means that you will need to present as much evidence as possible that will prove that your injuries are a direct result of another’s negligence. If you are able, be sure to take the following steps directly after your accident:
- Call 911. The police will be able to send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident. Some motorcyclists wear bodycams so that they have the footage in the event that an accident occurs.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents that disclose the severity and origin of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced South Carolina personal injury attorney that can help you obtain more evidence that can be key to your claim.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in South Carolina?
South Carolina has a statute of limitations of three years for most personal injury claims. If you fail to file your motorcycle accident claim within three years from the date of your accident, you will likely lose the opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve.
Personal injury claims are time-sensitive. Do not wait to reach out to our firm to ensure that you are promptly meeting your claim’s deadlines.
Contact the Cockrell Law Firm, P.C.
If you need a legal team that truly cares about you and your rights, you’ve come to the right place. We are dedicated to each of our client’s well-being, and we will prove this to you, time and time again. We proudly serve clients in Chesterfield County and throughout the state of South Carolina, including in Darlington County, Dillon County, Florence County, Marion County, Marlboro County, and the Peedee Region. Contact the Cockrell Law Firm, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation with our firm.